The Still Life

In the picture
Her coverall straps break,
Defining this piece of Forever's
Still life.

Cheeks graced with
Grape stains and cheese puff crumbs
Glow in the
Autumn's afternoon light.

The pink of princess sheets,
Drawn up to her young lips,
Caress the nightmares away,
Stifling all worries and duties for another night.

But why tonight and not solely the
Night of yester's morrow?
A simple answer lies to strike, as
A smothered child cannot live forever

in lieu of a sneak lurking in her meadow's grass.

Transfixed on Adolescent's stepping stone,
Unable to muster a gait to match Puberty.
She is not allowed to move,
Paralyzed under their fixed sight.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
This is amazing and I have to agree with Boos. I think the last part is my favorite. The whole piece leaves the reader with such a powerful feeling. Love, love, love it

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
  Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j ... (more »)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so freakin awesome captain. I love you for writinfg this. I love the ending aussi. fait ta danse.

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate a fellow writer taking time to read and comment on my pieces! <3 despurlock

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ofcoursism captain. c'est que je fais.