He Loves Me … This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He loves me
(…)
He shows his affection for me
(When I look pretty.)
(When other guys notice me.)
He smiles the perfect grin JUST for me
(If no other girls are around.)
He texts back the SWEETEST things
(When he's not too busy.)
He flirts with me a lot
(If I'm not sweaty from soccer.)
He caresses my face
(As long as I don't have any pimples.)
He hugs me and holds me
(When his friends aren't around to see.)
He'd NEVER use me
(Unless it was for something he REALLY wanted.)
He shows that he loves me
(Just never in public …)
He makes me feel loved
(When he has time …)
He loves me.
(He loves me not.)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like this! the ending is kind of sad, but i guess that's how life (and love) is, deserved to be in the magazine! can i ask you something? do you know how long this wass one the site for before getting choosen for the magazine? thanks and good work! :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah. Sure, it was on the site like... at least 6 months before it got put in the magazine. Hope that helped!

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
it did thanks! and em, did it have a lot of comments and ratings? sorry about all the questions! i just really want one of my poems to get into the magazine! :)

No problem! Honestly, no. I had a lot of other poems with more comments and ratings, this one was far from one of my best (in my opinion). It only had like.... 5 comments tops.

oh ok! well thanks! fingers crossed for my poem! :)

Tornado M. replied...
good luck for that :)

J.Chap said...
This poem really spoke to me. I love the way it was written. I love how real and honest you were. This is so true, I couldn't agree more about guys like this. Keep up the wonderful work!

Thank you :D I'm glad it meant something to you :)

rloveswriting0011 said...

i love love love this poem,

i can relate to the hole thing, so many guys act exactly like this.

fantastic poem i hope to hear more from you. (:

:D Thank you so much :))) And you're definitely right, a lot of guys DO act like this. :/

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I wish I could change the part

"He caresses my face

(As long as I don't have any pimples)"

To:

"He caresses my face

(When my makeup is flawless)"

so it doesn't seem so juvenile. Pimple is not a very poetic word :P

Anna K. said...
This is a FANTASTIC poem!!!! I've been in a relationship like this before. You couldn't have done a better job :)

Wow, thank you so much! :) Happy belated V-Day :)

alanacarlene said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 10:08 am
Ahh so this is THE ONE! The first of your's that i read! CONGRATULATIONS!!! again haha still as beautiful as the first time i read it!

Feb. 5, 2011 at 11:27 am
Aw thanks SOOO much! :)))))))

Annabelle294 said...
I really like this, it's sad, but so true in reality.

I definitely agree with you. But I've decided that getting through this made me a stronger person, ya know? The only thing you can do is keep living. Thanks so much for the comment :))))

JATBZ said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 12:25 am
Wow. The poem is wonderful.... I like how it's as if you start to notice things (...) then at the end you put it together. (Sadly bad result) I'd give it a 9/10 because it was so real and obviously from the heart.

Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:18 am
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Kind of written like my train of thought... Thank you so much, sadly, it was straight from the heart </3

alanacarlene said...
This is wonderful!!! I love this and I kinda know how you feel or felt and readin this made me realize what you did :/ sad day....is this Alex???