He Loves Me … This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He loves me
(…)
He shows his affection for me
(When I look pretty.)
(When other guys notice me.)
He smiles the perfect grin JUST for me
(If no other girls are around.)
He texts back the SWEETEST things
(When he's not too busy.)
He flirts with me a lot
(If I'm not sweaty from soccer.)
He caresses my face
(As long as I don't have any pimples.)
He hugs me and holds me
(When his friends aren't around to see.)
He'd NEVER use me
(Unless it was for something he REALLY wanted.)
He shows that he loves me
(Just never in public …)
He makes me feel loved
(When he has time …)
He loves me.
(He loves me not.)

bananapan said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:10 am:
This is so cute and really demonstrative of the craziness and confusion that accompanies ~love~

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm :
Definitely :P haha thanks for the comment :)

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:00 am:
This was great! From the title, I pictured a girl with a flower in her hand, plucking off its petals one by one going, "He loves me, he loves me not." But you surprised me!

Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm :
Thanks :D I can see how the title would lead you to think that :) This poem is just sort of a more detailed version of that, in a way.

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:03 am:
Thank you :) its a fun twist you should totally try!

KDR212 said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 9:02 am:
I love your poem! I can't even express in words how much I love this. I love it so much that I'm using it in my poetry selection for speech and debate, which is allowed since it's a published piece of poetry. But I need the ISBN number to prove it. So can you tell me what issue of Teen Ink this was published in?

Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:01 am :
Wow! I am so honored you chose my poem for your poetry selection. It was in the February Issue of 2011, page 42 if you need to know that.

Vanilla4Life said...
I like how you put the truth in parentheses! I like this a lot

Writerforlife7423This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great poem! Congrats on getting it published! :) I love both sides of the conflicted feelings. Would you mind checking out some of my poems? I'd love some feedback! Thanks!

Jan. 24, 2012 at 1:03 am :
Of course! :) I appreciate you reading my poem, and I'd be glad to return the favor! Also, if you have time I could use some opinions on my newer stuff :)

just-a-joy said...

wow no lie that was well done

Sept. 16, 2011 at 7:26 am :
Thanks so much :)

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
love it! i have gone through the same thing. if you were to read my poems they talk about the same problem. good job!

Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:04 am :
Thanks for the comment :) I appreciate you checking out my stuff and I'll be sure to return the favor!

megsloveslions said...
Wow really good! I can totally relate, excellent job! Also I would love it if u checked out some of my work! (especially Falling Down, and My Rain) :)

Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:03 am :
Aw thanks so much! I'll definitely check out your stuff :)

JerseyGirl716 said...
LOVE the concept, and you executed it perfectly! Amazing, 5/5 :)

Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm :
Thank you :D

Alon_Freevoice said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:07 am:
Great job on this. I can't say anything. I'm asdfghjkl just impressed :)))

Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:59 am :
Haha thanks so much! :D