Terrorism

I stand
All alone
Laughing at hypocrisy.
As our small leaders
Stand so tall
To promise hope
And prosperity
Only achieved
Through blaring hatred
And silent deaths.
Anti-terrorism?
The War on Terror?
Then annihilate yourself,
Your beliefs
Your government,
Sir.
Destroy us all
For we all cause
Terror.
Everyone wants something to
Burn
In the Hell we've imagined.
So scream your chants
Protest,
Counter-protest,
Fight.
Flight.
We
Are
All
The
Same:
Prejudiced
Biased
Sinful
Screaming and shaming
Until the ignorance
Of "For the greater good"
Runs
Out.

Literalist17 said...
I agree with you totally. everyone does have hate and all the bad qualities one can think of. but the thing is, there are those who choose to act upon that hate and ill feeling. it is those that we should truly be fighting. and the war on terror is just a cover for our government to do as it pleases in the middle east and make things better for our country.

NothingSpecial replied...
Well, I'm not trying to start a fight. But in a way, this is against those acting upon it since if you realize the negatives and hatred you aren't as likely to act on them. And I have a slightly different view on our purpose in the "War on Terror" but I won't get into that...I'd type too much

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
YES, FIRST COMMENT!, and extremely truthful poem, i only have one poem up now but as soon as teen ink gets through em ill have a bit more and the topics are basically the same as yours, and thank you we need more people who arent afraid to speak an opinion that is against taking pre existing sides, nationalism and how most people are sometimes inherently sheep

starlight26 replied...
very powerful. I agree with u 100 percent. Everybody has a different opinon however. :)

NothingSpecial replied...
Thank you guys :)