Lifeless angels

Frozen clouds on a dusk summer eve
Lined to the rain of the hearts
The shattered hearts filled with tears and glass
The night of the surviving love
The day of revenge
The graves of the unloved hallow the nights
Thirsty for Love and Care
Their bodies ache with a shattered heart
Wanting to get revenge of their Old love
Needing new true love
Wanting and aching for the pain to slip
Into the dark shallow waters of their tears.
Crying, These Lifeless Angels Want to find,
Find and trap true love,
So that,
Their Broken, Shattered Hearts
Turn into full, Clear Red Hearts filled with
Love, Care and Life
Bring the Lifeless Angels from their graves

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I simply adored this poem, Ms. Butler. It's a joy to read, if joy is nowhere near the emotion that these words capture. 'The graves of the unloved hallow the nights.' Love this!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Ah! Hasn't love changed since those lovely crushes we had in the third grade? I will always think the best kind of love is the simple kind, the kind that won't break into a million pieces and pierce your heart.

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 3, 2010 at 11:41 am

I find this poem very interesting. Mysterious with a smoky sensual undertone. GOOD JOB! keep writing or all I'll be deeply hurt :P

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i love the meaning in this poem! i can really feel the emotion through every word. your beginning really grabbed me. i was hooked from the first word all the way to the last. you're a great writer!

you can rate/comment on some of my work, too if you'd like. great job on this! keep writing!(: