Party

Somewhere around three a.m. in the morning
I’ll overdose on what I mistook to be
Just a simple strawberry punch fruit drink.
Within a few minutes my friends will notice
That I haven’t gotten up to dance yet.
When they come to check on me
they’ll also notice the slight fever.
Once I collapse on the floor,
all the teens will freak out,
And call an ambulance.
By the time they show, I’ll be unconscious.
They’ll give me an I.V. and rush me to the hospital
A few hours later my parents will get
A long distance call from an officer saying
Their daughter died shortly after being carried
To the hospital from a party
Due to circumstances still in question.

Miss_Orange said...
Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:30 am
nicely put, and that is the very reason I do not go to parties! nah, not really but it is one asied frome being anti-social!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I actually dont think I finished this one. Oh well. Such a waste.

Miss_Orange replied...
Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:34 am
it isn't finished yet? hm, interesting...

It needed like one more line. I have the other version somewhere.

Aderes18 said...
Cynical and melancholic but so very true. Tons of teens die and mess up their lives this way. Sometimes, it makes me so glad that my religion doesn't allow to drink. Plus, I have an addictive personalty so alcohol+me=bad combination 

ohhh! it is that i love the inputism. it is that you use the words melancal and cyncholic alot. how do you mean?

Aderes18 replied...

Well, a lot of your poetry is very cynical and melancholic.

How do you mean? That doesn't even make sense?  What are you trying to ask? Do you mean What you are trying to ask?

Aderes18 replied...
That doesn't make sense! was not supposed to have a question mark. Sorry about the typos! :)

cynical and melancholic=what do you mean.?

Aderes18 replied...

Dictionary definition from Merriam-Webster: 

Cynical: a : contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives

b : based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest

Melancholic: a sad or gloomy mood (my own,I believe) :)

A dictionary! WOW!!!! my dear Aderes, you always come in handy.

Aderes18 replied...
Don't look at me. I just used the internet. 

Hello to u and ur dictionart.i will be back shortly with my microwave oven

Aderes47 replied...
LOL! (giggle) :)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this has the life of some brief newspaper clipping, or like the report that they would give to the parents... good stuff

oh...I get it. merci tres beacoup captain.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You know what I thought when I read this clever poem? I thought, "this had a sarcastic 'oh well' slightly dry and bitter sort of feel." So well done with it. Come to think of it, it was very dry, but I applaud you for your verbal performance.

merci captain, though this isnt the version i thought i posted. they actually put this one up instead of the one i was talking about. the last line after that was supposed to be "its okay, you can laugh, its funny." but like i said, that was another version.

reg93 said...
This is SO good. I am impressed.

impressed? okay....merci captain...I guess.