Unknown | Teen Ink

Unknown

By Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California
Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California

"Life is not abut the number of breaths you take but about the moments that take your breath away"

Who would want to go to the ghetto? It's so much poverty stricken and broken hearts, negative minds filled with hatred. I might get shot with their words, the nasty slurs which seeps from the corner of they mouth. But, they don't ever have to talk quietly, which is why people say the ghetto is so loud. Because they've gotten nothing more to loose... except for another relative in the cold hard streets. It will always be a forgotten place no matter what the authorities say. It's the reason why the ghetto is furthest from the next big thing; anything fancy like. Compared to the dingy houses and broken streets, folk country like walking with bare feet is always kept in the back. Now whose going to argue with me when I say this? Nobody won't even bet on my words because they refuse to put money where it needs to be. Reason why kids are crying and the older ones robbing whats already raggedy or why picking up a gun is so much closer than a pencil... DO you understand now? Money, hasn't always been principal, people walk around laughing at old jokes, dancing on the rough concrete until the un-curable diseases, lack of insurance bled out the mouth and those who laughed died and the ones who cried are dying. Where is the phone now? It was here before the natural disasters and shocking causes. Now asking for help is like trying to rewrite history, erasing the moment when Martin Luther King had died or trying to prevent bush invading the territory of Iraq. The war won't stop. The pain continues on and the people who forget, turn their backs on those who have never asked are always... unlucky at the end.