Your Name & My Heart

A new road is being paved
In the city of my thoughts
And your name is on the street sign.

I can't keep myself away,
The street seems to call my name.
I pace the pavement endlessly.

Why in this sprawling network of roads,
On the paths where my pondering takes place,
Do I always end up back here?

After an impossible amount of time
Admiring the appealing avenue -
I buy myself a house at the corner of Your Name & My Heart <3

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love it and i feel the same way, my favourite line was ''In the city of my thoughts'' i like that metaphor...its good! great work, once again! :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aw thanks I'm really glad you liked this one :)

Olajide said...
i never regret one bit checking out this poem. However simple a poem might be, some tend to hold a high variety of complex meanings/diverse. I think this particular poem constitute such vibrant values. Nice work.

Thanks. I'm glad that this mean something to you :)

QuixoticDreamer said...
Its very simplicity is appealing. Five stars!

Thanks so much!! :)

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this one is probably your best work ;D (only probably because i still have about three more to go).  but i cant see how much better it can get.  this is AMAZING!

Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:10 am
Thank you SO much... :)

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 9:02 am
wow! this, like all your other poems, are FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I love your wording and I love love love the concept! Please write more!!!!!!! more more more!!!!

olican16 said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 7:49 am
i think that this is great and there is plenty of boom.dont let the RUDE and UNNESSASSARY  words of others bring you  down. You are a great writer and will go far in your WRITING life. this poem is by far one of the best ive read on teenink adn im not just saying that adn your others ALL make my top twenty i would say ten but there are way more than ten!! so again that gird doesnt  know what she is talking about . love it@@

asiangurl said...
very nice struture but i feel there's nothing dats gonna pull me in as a reader.sorry the details are great but aint like boom or get my attention.