Life is Just Another Journey | Teen Ink

Life is Just Another Journey

July 7, 2010
By JakeShaw PLATINUM, Atlanta, Georgia
JakeShaw PLATINUM, Atlanta, Georgia
23 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you're in a night that seems almost devoid of stars and you look but can't find someone to help you see. Look for that lonely star and let it guide you until you find the light. (anonymous)


Life is a journey which presents you with abysmal valleys, and lofty peaks.
Climbing up to the peaks, which are bathed in the glory of the sun, radiant and glowing with brilliance.
Or if it then casts you down deep into a cavernous gorge, a place shrouded from sight by a tangible darkness, never lose your hope.
Whichever direction is presented before you, there are always obstacles to overcome.
Obstacles which may require a companion, someone you believe in, someone you love.
As these obstacles are overcome and you make your way to the peaks, enjoy the brilliance and share it, cherish it.
If you plummet into a void that seems to engulf your entire being open to those around you, allow them to help you overcome and escape these valleys.
As life goes on and your journey continues; friend, companions and peers form around you.
These networks of people reach out to lend a helping hand to pull you out any darkness, or they share in the glory of a great achievement.
So as you continue on this journey keep your loved ones close, cherish their presence and never take one single second for granted, life is too short to lose even one moment.


The author's comments:
This is a Poetic fable. It was inspired by the realization that as life puts you through it's ups and down people are never far away and always there to lend a helping hand!