Mary-Kay

Metal cages
Everywhere
Arms and legs
In despair
Like a butterfly
One once flew
Now like a dead man
Tired and blue
Useless are my extremities
Yet my mind is as strong as ever
A cage my body has become
A lion my heart now is
Through a window
I see my world
But if you think my window pane
Ever had a drop of rain
You can come again another day

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i enjoyed reading this. you're hilarious captain. do your dance.

JCG14 replied...
I'm wondering how this is hilarious but thanks for the encouragment!

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i love the last two lines and their absolute lack of harmony. (no sarcasm)

-last three lines i meant.

JCG14 replied...
Interesting, I never saw it that way.

I do share a valid intimacy with the last few lines of an attractive poem.i guess you want to me to go away now....d'accord.

JCG14 replied...
haha whatever you insist.