Scarlet Lies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Wasted in the night,
Sanguine fills your sight,
But she cries out your name
She is your compulsion, a vile obsession.
Nothing else is concealed in the dark
Other than the cries of scarlet

Regret drips from every crook
Each drop that stains the book
The book that binds the secrets
Of you before the change
But as you try to move away
She wouldn't let you sway.

As you see the ray of hope
Once more,she lets you dream
Before tearing you away from what seems
And hauls you with her
Again the darkness clouds you and her
With Despair, Sorrow and Fear

The darkness and she alike,
Even as you try to fight
Faith leaves your sight.

She let me narrate her tale,

As to liberate you, she tries.
But Scarlet lies

birdcage2 said...
May 11, 2011 at 9:40 am
i love this poem and its so cool that you are from india new delhi because thats where i was born. i now live in america because i was adopted but i think its cool to see someone from india in the magazine. i usually dont take the time to look at who the author is but i did this time and i was like hey she from where i was born cool!

Aayut This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

hey. thanks!

its nice to see that somebody actually likes it...:D...where do you live in america? 

birdcage2 replied...
May 13, 2011 at 9:35 am
in burlington vermont. i was adopted when i was really young because i had a life threatening dieses. and you know how in india they do not like unhealthy babys well i was one of them and they would have killed me sad right? but yeah its soo cool to see someone from the same  place i was born in. i just wish that someday i cang o visit india and if i ever did we should finfd eachother. i have an american last name so maybe we are elated. i was born in jewann hospital.( or orphanage) but ... (more »)

thats sad....as in the disease part...

but good that you're in a better place now...i like ur name...shilpa...you know theres an indian actress with that name...

my name is not aayut though...its Aayushi....

birdcage2 replied...
May 19, 2011 at 9:31 am
i know about the indian actress too, sorry for spelling your name wrong. maybe we could be pen pals or something, that would be soo cool. i have always wanted to go back to india, maybe visit jewan hospital. ( where i was born)

hey..no problems(abt d name)...

u on facebook?

wts ur name?