Poetic Therapy | Teen Ink

Poetic Therapy

By Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida
Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida

"Life is poetry, so the different experiences I go through in life are my poems." - Deiyjuan Christie

If one can unlock the chained chambers of his mind, will he accept the truth he’ll find?
Blinded with unmerciful lies, how will he recognize the answers he seeks?
The naïve mind renders bleak with undesired memories. Will he welcome his past mistakes?
The heart yearns for the irreplaceable love that others would often take from him. How long, or much more can his heart endure?
The fear engulfs his ambition surrendering his dreams silent. Will he embrace his ambitions, and protest the creative thoughts his collegiate mind, from the start, had mentioned?
Captured in a flash, a self made picture is stored in the film. When will the beauty, captured, appear in the realm of his mind? Will he ever know the person on the inside, or will his sight go as far as the camera sees?
His faith brushes across his being as a cool breeze in the summer. Who will guide him along the path, with this inevitable wind, before the fall?
As his life spirals down into the uncertain darkness, will his soul ever be saved by the light?

Will he accept the truth he’ll find? The truth is dearly appreciated, so he decided to abandon the false statements behind.
How will he recognize the answers he seeks? With the mind completely exposed & free, the answers he seeks appeared in mysterious ways; ones his mortal eyes could never see.
Will he welcome his past mistakes? Accepting his past failures placed him with success, in the future.
How long, or much more can his heart endure? The pain his heart contained was only temporary. Now true love is in attendance, and his hurt disappeared for the heart won’t carry it any longer.
Will he embrace his ambitions, and protest the creative thoughts his collegiate mind, from the start, had mentioned? His ambition stayed afloat; while the fear, he once had, is currently sinking.
When will the beauty, captured, appear in the realm of his mind? The beauty, from within, shined; and the missing confidence returned home to his mind.
Will he ever know the person on the inside, or will his sight go as far as the camera sees? In his soul resided a stronger individual to be and he didn’t have to ask the camera what it sees. His sight goes as far as the furthest sea, where his fears sunk.
Who will guide him along the path with this inevitable wind before the fall? He walked this path alone, but with many on his conscience. He stood against the wind, and made it passed the fall. Nothing more, but a mere breeze, his eyes lifted with ease as the leaves began to fall from the fruitful trees.
Will his soul ever be saved by the light? He took a look at his life, to see he needed God and his might to arrive to glory.

Who is he?
Where is he now?
What does he see?
Will he show?
How could he know the whereabouts to his internal sanity?
Well, he is me, and this is my story.
From the lies to the truth,
From what I’ve seek to what I’ve found,
From suspended in the air, with my mistakes, to restrained on the ground, with my success,
From pain to the love,
From fearful to brave,
From the dim light of my confidence to the internal beauty that shines bright from above,
From being lost in the darkness, for so long, to being saved by light, where I truly belong.

My life isn’t finished yet, and my purpose in the world remains unsure.
Situations will occur that I’m prepared for, but unaware when they’ll show

My story continues on, and this I know.
I am my own therapist, and this is my poetic therapy.

In this piece, I show my appreciation towards poetry because I've gone through things, like any other teenager, but thanks to poetry my problems are illustrated in a positive way. So for me, poetry is my therapy.

Deiyjuan GOLD said...
on Jul. 28 2010 at 9:48 am
Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida

Thanks, I really appreciate that =]

Please check out my other poems

miss moody said...
on Jul. 27 2010 at 8:02 pm
Well put together you have skills as a writer keep it up!