Unimaginable | Teen Ink

Unimaginable

By PoetryGoddess10 BRONZE, Lithonia, Georgia
PoetryGoddess10 BRONZE, Lithonia, Georgia

It is just simply unimaginable…
Unimaginable for somebody who has never experienced the desire to understand the depth of the hurt it carries…
To desire something so sweet, so deeply, that it sets out to slowly devour your heart…
To gaze into someone’s eyes and being able to just acknowledge that nobody else can not and will not ever complete you like they do…
To encounter their lips time after time while each times feels as if it were only the first…
To hug and embrace them tightly in your arms never needing to break away…
To think about their eyes, voice, and laugh as you feel your face cant help but to form a smile…
To appreciate the feeling of their hands fitting perfectly as they interlock with yours whenever you are together…
To know they will love you through whatever even when knowing they aren’t your “baby”…
Yeah…… When knowing you cant cry out to call them mines but only “buddy” or “friend” accommodates your current situation…
To pray every night to God to never take them away despite arriving to the realization that your greatest fear of losing them is right around the corner, another way of reality throwing itself in your face…
That desire of wanting to always be the first one there to wipe away every tear from their face and fix every frown is now non-existent…
The longing to want to be able to shout out to the entire world and allow everyone to know they consume your heart right now is irrelevant…
Just the feeling of knowing the ONLY thing you want and need is the ONLY thing you can’t have…
That feeling ….
Yeah….
That’s what hurts the most

Not being able to have what you desire can one of the hardest things in the world. I have experienced this and he inspired my heart to put those feelings into words (Shapoopie).