The Art of Suffocation | Teen Ink

The Art of Suffocation

By Brandon.M.C. BRONZE, Suffolk County, New York
Brandon.M.C. BRONZE, Suffolk County, New York

“Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” -Sam Keen.
"When in doubt choose 2 or 3" -Me

I've been awake for hours, I can't seem to rest in peace, Take these dream like feelings and drown me in my sleep, I feel this harrowing weight upon my wretched chest, inside me a desolate hole with a golden chest, I believe I lost the key somewhere inside you, and if you let me in you'll see that I drew, a pretty picture fit for just us two. Now please, don't paint my pretty picture blue, because in due time, I'll finally be over you, and even though you taught me how to love, I could only explain what you mean to me, with a blood covered dove, shoved down your throat, push you over the edge of this emotional boat while the waves destroy all that holds it up, you fall into the unforgiving waters and they scream, you can’t spell slaughter without laughter.

You were everything to me, until you took away the air I breathed, and now I'm slowly suffocating, with your dainty fingers wrapped tightly around my neck, and I'm thinking what could’ve been and I'm thinking what never was, and I've had enough of this, and my lips are still stained from when we never kissed, the water slowly infiltrates my lungs and the noose leaves a mark around my neck, tighter and tighter it grips my neck, slower and slower my lungs fill with fluid, was any of this ever real? I feel as though this was a wasted year, a single tear streams down my cheek, as I look into my bleak future, tormented by suffering was never an option, I took hold of what was and it slipped out of my hands, then I heard the tide swishing in over the sand and rocks, it screamed, you can’t spell slaughter without laughter.

I ripped this picture into millions of tiny pieces, I left you covered in countless creases, and if I had a dime for every time I screwed things up, I'd be a millionaire and I wouldn't even care. You told me I was a fine man, but I was a man with no plan, too many times I left you wondering, why oh why is he bothering me? For what I always ever said to you, was just enough to make you want to run and hide, the words always came out all over the place, like I was trying to win some kind of imaginary race. Words coming out full force, a mile a minute, and I was running on E, but I didn’t even know it, My tires fell off and now my car is flipped upside down, the screeching of the metal against the ground makes this unusual sound, it screamed, you can’t spell slaughter without laughter.

You see you were everything to me, until you took away the air I breathed, and now I'm slowly suffocating, with your dainty fingers wrapped tightly around my neck, and I'm thinking what could’ve been and I'm thinking what never was, and I've had enough of this, and my lips are still stained from when we never kissed and whenever your name comes up wherever it may be, in my mind, I’ll scream, you can’t spell slaughter without laughter.

I'd rather not get into my reasoning for writing this, but I will tell you one thing. It's from a personal experience of mine.

on May. 6 2011 at 11:03 pm

"When in doubt choose 2 or 3" -Me

Thank you, I haven't been on here in forever :o

on Jul. 21 2010 at 5:46 pm
YellowStar24 BRONZE, Litchfield, New Hampshire

no worries, its all good

this is sssoooo good! it really makes you think about things! i really can relate too, great work i look forward to reading more of your work :)