The strangest dream

There hangs a skillfully carved
Crescent of a moon upon
A silver string that is tied off
Somewhere beyond that place
Where wretched reality stops and
The essence of a dream begins
Where the invisible forms
Of wistful giants stroll around the
Vibrant center of the universe

The moon floats in a
Frozen lake of solitude
Like a crystal eye that keeps
Vigil before the darkness
Its chalky face is glistening
Not marred like ours
Save for the etchings of words
That were spoken at the moment
When the somber director signaled
For time to begin

Cynical crows laugh sardonically
And fly at the atmosphere
And bicentennial trees reach down
Half-heartedly with their roots
And hooded spirits pace through
Fields of paper flowers
And what's left of life drips
Slowly into an endless chasm

There is a forgotten station
That is fading away
Bombarded by celestially tragic
Drops of rain
It sends off weeping trains that
Leave red petals in their wake
Each one disappearing into
That unreachable horizon

From a good walking distance
Away from that world
It has a mien that resembles
Sadly true philosophy

For although a circle of dreams
Is the most beautiful
It can even bring a crystal tear
To the sober seraph's eye

For places like this place
For dreams like this dream
It is with regret and
With a retired sigh
That one must give
His heartfelt goodbye

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:57 pm:
You know, I comment on many people's work on this website. I feel it will make them feel happy as whenever someone comments on my work, I am happy.  When it comes to something of yours, I am mostly at a loss for words. You know if I could I would read  it all in a single day. But ah, life doesn't permit. Thus I read a few every week... ANd Well, I do wish I could post something as nice as the poetry made me feel but I must say I am not as apt at picking the right words as you... (more »)

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Raven, your words flow together smoother than any river, your imagery more vivid and bright than the sun...

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:56 am:
Sie können immer noch Dinge ändern, Raven von der Vergangenheit

Aderes18 said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 1:36 am:
You seem to have the most beautiful dreams and the most beautiful poetry. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:33 am :

This comment just came through, for some reason.

Usually, I have very odd and obscure dreams; rarely do I remember them in the morning. This was one of those lucky exceptions.

Aderes18 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:35 pm :

I had a dream today. 

First I was in Paris with my family and we were in this Arab neighborhood I've been to in real life.

Then I walked into a butcher shop where I saw my friend Icky(that's not her real name just a affectionate nickname) and we hugged and talked and made fun of each other just like we would have in normal life.

Then we were in a place I had no idea where it. My dad was playing soccer and I saw my corazon(I think you know who I am... (more »)

Aug. 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm :
That sounds like a very joyful dream. I'm glad you got to see your friend, Icky, but it seems quite strange that you met her in a butcher shop. And yes, I think I know who you're talking about. ;) The highly-realistic quality to dreams can be quite unnerving when you wake up, because it seems like reality itself has been altered.

Aderes18 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm :

Yeah, it was a nice dream. :)

In my dream, her dad was the butcher. 

In reality, I have no idea what her dad does. (I should ask her that...)

It totally feels like reality is altered but the thing is that that dream replicates stuff in real life. 

For example, in my dream, I saw him playing soccer with his friends. And that's what he really likes to do in real life. 

Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:16 pm :

The strangest dream-related thing just happened to me:

Last night, I had a dream which included my guitar teacher, and he had shaved his beard (his beard is great, similar to that of Iron and Wine). About an hour ago (fully awake), I went to a lesson with him, looking forward to seeing him bearded again. But, to my astonishment, he had shaved his beard! Was I spending my time in a music room, or was I in fact in... The Twilight Zone?!?!?

Aderes18 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:20 pm :

Ha ha! 

Never had that happen to me but have tons of Deja Vu. 

Aderes18 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm :
Well, I had a dream about you three days ago! 

Aug. 14, 2011 at 7:17 pm :
Ooh! What happened?

IamtheStargirl said...

This is so beautiful.

It makes me soul hungry.

Gîl síla na lû govaded.

Le hannon.

Oct. 28, 2010 at 7:20 pm :
Why, thank you very much Stargirl. You are always so thoughtful. Ah, I'm glad: there is little more satisfying than the longing of the soul. And... right back at you (in whatever language you please.)

CarlyMurphy said...

Thesilentraven, you truly amaze me. Your word choice, your fluency and eloquence... I hope to be half as good as you someday.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts and words, they inspire us all.

Sept. 20, 2010 at 5:15 pm :
I'm so grateful that you're so thoughtful. And (forgive me for this corny praise), I believe that your work is as good as or above my level. I have been a bad individual and failed to comment on more of it. I am off to do so soon. :)

CarlyMurphy replied...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 8:43 pm :

You are too kind. Thank you so much for looking at my work, it is highly appreciated! :)

And as for your writing, let me know when you get famous, because with your talent, it's bound to happen soon. 

DreamWriter15 said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 12:17 am:
Awesome.  Beautiful.  Lots of other words that mean awesome and beautiful. :-)  I think that I shall have good dreams tonight.  Sadly, I will forget them by morning, but I will remember the pleasure I had in walking the dream realm, and remember that it was you who sponsored the dream.  And I will be happy.

Sept. 7, 2010 at 8:32 pm :
Thank you... and hee hee. Yes, two of the few dreams that I have remembered: the one that 'Salvation in the sun' was based on and a one involving an ape revolt and human enslavement.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 10:56 pm :
Well...my dreams aren't quite that articulate, they're more on the.....creepish side, haha.  But more power to you!