Poor Thunder | Teen Ink

Poor Thunder

By Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Kbuschan PLATINUM, South Plainfield, New Jersey

Fall in love or fall in hate; Get inspired or be depressed; Ace a test or flunk a class; Make babies or make art; Speak the truth or lie and cheat; Dance on tables or sit in the corner; Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Breathe. And enjoy the ride...

Taking up the sky
It roars
It begins to cry
Its soar
So it strikes at innocence
Its bored

Power of thunder
Never will it plunder
So many accidents past
How long will thunder's sadness last?

A thunderstorm is going on..so i thought id write about it

on Aug. 7 2011 at 11:03 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Very interesting word choice. I was kind of hearing thunder throughout this piece. Great imagery. :)

OriginalCarbonation GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

dream as if you'll live forever
live as if you'll die tomorrow

"how long will thunders sandness last"... thats hauntingly deep but yet also simple... wow

on Jan. 1 2011 at 1:18 am
SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

It really interested me when you said "So it strikes at innocence : Its bored." Again, I must mention punctuation. Apostrophes and also maybe a comma after 'innocence' and 'past' and maybe some other places. I'm so sorry if all this punctuation talk is making you bored, but it really really bugs me a lot that it isn't correctly punctuated. If you want people--well, me--to stop bugging you about it then you should stop bugging me with it. Even if it's not on purpose, please try and revise your work more thouroughly before posting it. This is a good poem though.