I Talk, I Talk.

I talk. I talk, but no one hears
So I don’t talk about my fears
What I care about, what I say
They never listen anyway

They’re deaf to what disturbs my mind
To all the dreams my heart does find
If it does not appeal to them, they’re deaf.
They hear no beginning, no end.

I talk. I talk, but they don’t care
They lecture me if I am scared
I try to tell them what I see
But it’s only me, apparently

I warned them, warned them of pain I felt
Like the insides of me would melt
I talked, I talked till I hit the floor
I talk no longer, I talk no more.

inksplatters21 said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 7:04 pm:
I heard you.  breath taking poem.

WritingLoverForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:58 am:
This is exactly how I feel. Nobody seems to hear my voice; it's been like that for my whole life, and I'm gonna be a sophmore this year. It's a rare occasion that someone does seem to listen to me and I appreciate those moments but it sucks to be ignored.

love2run replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:33 pm :
I'm going to be a sophomore this year too! I know exactly what you mean by that..  and thanks so much for reading my work!

WritingLoverForeverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 11:33 am :
You're very welcome! :)

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:08 pm:
This is amazing and I can definetely relate! I hate the feeling of being ignored, which occurs often while conversing with my parents =/ It's awesome that you're such a great writer because it lets your voice be heard =] Check out my work if you want I would appreciate any feedback

love2run replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:34 pm :
Yes, I will definitely check out your work! Thanks so much for giving feedback :)

pghozali said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 5:21 pm:
This one is really good. It would make a great song.

love2run replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 5:36 pm :
Thank you Peggy! I'm glad that you took the time to read my work!

crubs3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:31 am:
This is really good!! i can feel the emotion and so relate!!!!! if you could please rate and comment my work that would be great!! thanks and u r really good dont stop!!!

love2run replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm :
thanks so much! and yes I will definitely check out your work! :)