Lives

The cape billows and flaps, swatting like an angry fly
The geese cackle raucously, beating grimy wings
A call reaches my ears, faint and desperate like a cornered doe
A scream as piercing as blades in my ears
The scent of smoke tinged with pain

Bullets bounce off my chest like pennies in a fountain

I see a body as stiff and cold as the stone gargoyles
And I know a life has been lost

Those filthy birds laugh at my failure
As my body takes off up, up into the air
Leaving my throbbing, crying heart behind for the millionth time
A plea penetrates the fog and my soul aches
For how could this be different?
Nevertheless, I soar to their aid and find
Another body as pale as a statue, but-
There! A bosom heaving, heart pounding
I fly her away to an unmolested haven, free of criminals and pain
Her eyes flicker like butterfly wings and a smile curls upon her face
And I know a life has been saved

MercedesXO said...
this was fantastic. you did a great job with it. loved the imagery and way to which you chose your words. nice work. i'd appriciate it if you'd check out mine and see what you think as well!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! Of course.

christin.bass said...

This was amazing and so discriptive, Great job! (:

And thank you fr the comment on my work I appreciate it.

Thanks! And it's no problem.

wandering said...

sofa:D       ur talent!

btw, could you  give me the website address.i didnt find that article GYM at all!

Thanks!  And do you see the search box in the upper right hand corner?  Next to the word go there is an Advanced Search. If you put in the article's name, Gymnastics Is My Life, and the section, Nonfiction, Perosnal experience, you should get it.  But just in case.....http://www.teenink.com/nonfiction/personal_experience/article/228029/Gymnastics-Is-My-Life/

It won't let me post the web address....in the upper right corner of TI there is a search box, and next to the word go there are the words Advanced Search.  Click on that, and enter the title Gymnatics Is My Life, and the section Nonfiction Personal Experience, it should pop up.

wandering replied...
thank you.but it seems not to work.and it didnt pop up.i dont know why...    well,i will  appreciate the article you write! ∩_∩

OK that's strange...sorry if this sounds annoying but are you sure you got the name right?  And put the information in the right place?