Breathe | Teen Ink

Breathe

By writer-in-training SILVER, Odenton, Maryland
writer-in-training SILVER, Odenton, Maryland

It hurts just to breathe. It hurts just to see all the smiling faces surrounding me. They tell me to smile; it’ll just be a while, until he sees that he’s wrong and be back in my arms. But it hurts because I know what they don’t believe, is what I know is right. That he won’t be back. And I try to tell them to leave me alone because I know I’m right. But they won’t believe because they say all they want is for me to be happy. But I won’t be happy until I’m back in his arms, but I know that’ll never happen again. So it hurts just to breathe. And it hurts just to see all the smiling faces surrounding me. It hurts when they tell me I need to smile and it’ll just be a while until he sees that he’s wrong and be back in my arms. Because I know that’ll never happen again. So I guess it’s just going to hurt for the rest of my life. And I just have to deal.

I wrote this while dealing with a difficult breakup. I hope, once published, it'll help others see that their friends really do care when they're hurting and they want to help. i hope reading this keeps people from following my self destructive path.