Eternal Stories

Remnants of a butterfly
Are lined up on my desk
The sweetness to its cherry taste
Has long faded into bitterness
Amongest the unopened envelopes
Things have lost their residue
Useless tape and the magnetism gone
That had pulled me here to write
With my child imagination
Sticky candy wrappers loll 'round the floor
Like broken glass the faded image sits
Drowning in the wells in my memory
I've left my miracle desk to gather dust
In my mind I'll open drawers
Unto my past's recognition
Yellowed pages surround my words
Lulling them into a forever sleep
With their last light seen one of flames
Burning the power once held in my hand
My pen's last ink droplets have dried
Old shadows meleted to a sticky stain
Erasers and bookmarks form to ash
Losing themselves to an eternal wind
You say to close the drawers but I keep the image
Of the million lives I lived
Sitting besides my crumbling desk
Locked with a key this treasure in my memory
Because I never opened the envelopes
Gone are the initials carved underneath
Wrapped in vivid colors like a blanket
Let me never open my eyes again
Someone's banging on my door
But I'm too busy to answer
In my sanctuary.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good captain, it really should have been in the magazine. but hey, what do they know. they're just a bunch of furless mammals that drink water and breathe air. 5 stars.

BleedingRose replied...

Thank yu so much!  I wish it had made it to the mag. . . . :(  But haha, they are just a bunch of two-legged mammals!  Thanks again for the comment, take care!  :)

-Rose

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oui oui captain.

AngelForeverBleedingLove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 11:50 am

As always, I love it! :) I told you it was good when you showed it to me in english!

-Angel

BleedingRose replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 10:03 am
dude . . . i showed this to you at my house . . . ?  in the brown paged notebook

BleedingRose replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 10:04 am
but thanks!

I swore you were trying to show it to Miss Wick last year... And yeah, I remember it in the brown notebook, so, yeah. I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!

-Angel

oh, sure guys, reply all over my comment, so someone can say "someone's at your door." "oh, no, they're just living on my porch." "do you know them?" "nope."

BleedingRose replied...

Angel:  No, I don't I tried to show this to Ms. Wick . . . she prob wouldnt have excepted it anyway . . . lolz

Boosflash:  As long as we're 'living off your porch', would you mind bringing us some food?  Yay stranger danger!  (Fact:  the best candy does come from strangers)  :)

aha, what you need my friend(s) is literary food-i think i could cough up a few stanzas...

BleedingRose replied...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 9:57 am
Like bird regurgitation?  Nice.

Dec. 3, 2010 at 11:56 am
uh........no.

Wow. Okay so this is a great poem,  but how did we get from that to bird regurgitation??! Just wondering:)

-Angel

Dec. 4, 2010 at 6:34 am
I was wondering that too. Reeding Blose?

BleedingRose replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:02 am

Oh, that's clever . . . reeding Blose . . . But I really wasn't trying to make it seem like that!  lolz

And yes, the regurgitation subject we are on right now is about as random as oatmeal.

-Rose

right......i have no idea what you're talking about as far as your screenname and trying to make it seem like whatever you weren't trying to make it seemlike.  -haven't written in ages.

BleedingRose replied...

um . . . ok . . . this seems awkard now.  XD

-Rose