Like Snow

Days flutter by like snowflakes,
Each slightly different from the next,
Traveling slowly to the ground,
And yet they seem to pass by in the blink of an eye,
Until they melt away and yet another falls.
Memories build up like snowmen,
Compacted of millions of moments and days,
Rolled together and shaped perfectly,
By tender hands and loving hearts,
Built to last.
Only the memories survive,
The rays of heat which arrive,
Along with bouquets of flowers and denim shorts,
Once springtime rolls along,
And winter melts away,
And grassy meadows break through the powdery mess.
Yes, the memories stay intact,
Cold and fresh,
Like golfballs scattered across a putting green.

ramberryshakes said...
i think it's beautiful . especially the simile with the snowmen , 'memories build up like snowmen...' . i think you have a writing style all your own , and it shows through your writing . (: ahah , marvellous , hunn . feel free to check some of my stuff . think you might like it . (:

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks that means so much! i will definetely check out your work and feel free to look at some of my newer stuff that hasn't been commented on yett=]

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:36 am
Love the imagery. :)

Thank you! =]

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
different and magical, it is great!

xovanillatwilightxo replied...
Aww thanks! :D

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 2:39 am

Thanks for commenting my work.

I appreciate it.

And this piece of yours is....fascinating. I love how you compared the days to snowflakes. Very beautiful. Keep writing dear. 

thank you so much! that means alot considering what a great writer you are :) your work was amazing.

You're quite a poet! :)

thank you! <3

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:50 am
This is AMAZING. I love all the similies and metaphors too! It is really creative and a really interesting way of looking at life. I have a couple poems like this pending - will you check them out when they're posted?

Jul. 1, 2010 at 9:48 am
you're amazing haha thanks so much! i'll definetely check out  your work when it gets posted :D

Inkspired said...
I love all the similies and metaphors you used in this poem, and it's a simply beautiful poem.

aww thanks! it actually was for an english assignment where we had to use metaphors and stuff but i tweeked it alot:)

mackadoodle30 said...
I love this poem, especially all the images I see when reading it! It's really good. :)

thanks i appreciate it:)

BABe724 said...
wow, this is really good. I feel the same way.

thankyou!i loved your poem too haha