Paper & Plastic

I used to have a paper heart
That I would wear on my sleeve
You ripped it off, crumpled it up
You made your choice to leave

So I made another heart
I kept it hidden and strong
Until i gave it away again
My decision turned out wrong

Now you walk in, acting cool
Your ego radiating off your
Hollister shirt
Sure you're cute and sweet
like Splenda
But I know your type you lying flirt

I've had my heart torn, thrown, forgotten
You think I'll come back to you like stretched elastic
You think my heart is still made of paper
Well guess what boy, it's Plastic

cookiestar said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:17 am:
Wow, this is amazing, unique, love the imagery:). I love this poem. Good job!

Supernova7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:58 am :
Thanks cookies star:)

FlaviusJacobiusOssummussThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I need to read your stuff more often.  This is... epic.

Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:36 am :
Thank you Jacob:) This is one of my favorites

AntWrangler13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:29 am :
I really like this poem, you really sense the emotion and truth behind the poem, and I love the metaphors :) Although, the third stanza seems a bit off, but that's just my opinion. Overall, great job!

Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm :
I know it seems that way but it should only be four lines when I submitted it it came out as six so the beat is off

AnimaCordis said...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:56 am:

I really, really love this! 

Your imagery here is great, I love your shakesperian refrences.  I love the idea of a paper heart then a plastic heart. This is really, really good. It's clever, well written, orginal and sort of funny! XD

Nov. 28, 2011 at 12:00 pm :
Thanks Animacordis:)

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 12:26 am:
Nice work! Love the last sentence, it's brilliant! :) Love the flow and imagery. The emotion is good too! Well done and keep writing.  

Dec. 25, 2010 at 7:12 pm :
Thank you Healing Angel:)

kmarie14 said...
love love love love this! (; i love the paper plastic thing its great :) ahhh :) this is magazine worthy(: thanks for posting and keep writing! :) check out my work and comment?

Oct. 21, 2010 at 10:09 pm :
Thank you sooooo much!!! and of course I will if I don't by tuesday please remind me:)

SamiLynn said...
ooo this is awesome and kinda sassy :) u showed him :D

Sept. 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm :
Ha thanx:) I don't have too much time right now but I promise to comment and rate on all your work tomorrow:)

SamiLynn replied...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 11:34 pm :
haha thats fine :)

JynxxThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
whoo you go girl!

Sept. 4, 2010 at 10:37 am :
lol thanx:)

Supernova7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you everyone for the comments and ratings:)

InsaneKitten said...
Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:14 am:
This is really cute and emotional at the same time and at the end I kind of broke out into laughter :3 this is awesome :D

mudpuppy said...
Oh, but the poem was cute.