Words Unspoken

My words and thoughts shall not be reclusive anymore,
Love will no longer stick on the tip of my tongue,
These words do not need to be shouted or sung,
Meirly said,
Perhaps it is only in my head.

These feelings must be birds, not caged,
If I don’t get some courage soon,
These thoughts will check into an eternal hotel,
Collecting dust,
Never able to bust,
Unlike the butterflies that fiddle in my stomach, when I see him.
Why can’t my words be like the butterflies and come out on a whim?

Rejection shouldn’t hold me back,
I must try, at least take a crack.
But every time I try to say,
My discouraging thoughts get in the way.

After it all I don’t say whats on my mind,
By now our hands could have been intertwined.

He gave me a goodbye letter that I will keep as a token,
As a memory of my first heart broken,
All because of my words unspoken.

Shahed said...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:07 pm:
I must say that the reason I opened this was becuase of your screen name, Im arab too lol .. So about the poem! Girl, this is amazing!!! I love the word choice! Really I dont have any fav. parts or lines all of it is great that summerize it lol .. Great job! Please, keep on writing!

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm :
wow thats ubercool!!! thankyou so much!!! i submitted some more work so check back in a week or two if you want!!! thanks soooooo much!!!

Shahed replied...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 4:36 pm :
Really? Ill check more of your work when they're published :) Make sure you post a commet on one or more lol of my work so I can find you easily later on :)

Jun. 23, 2010 at 4:41 pm :
will do!!!

Shahed replied...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 2:36 pm :
AlrightY :)) thanks!

Forever13 said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:35 pm:
It's scary how much I can relate to this! Great Job.

Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:05 pm :
wow that's cool-thanks for checking out my work

Forever13 replied...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 12:54 pm :
Your welcome. I really like this poem by the way.

Jun. 18, 2010 at 5:24 pm :
thankyou so much!! :)

ChocolateBliss said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 5:31 pm:
OMG!!..i love this not only because of your precise word choice..but i can soo relate. ilove it!!

Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:04 pm :
wow thankyou so much!!!

clauds1215 said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:05 pm:
Your rhyming is fantastic! It's so smooth and it really adds to the poem. Sometimes people rhyme just to rhyme but your rhyming gave the poem an excellent flow. Also, thanks for commenting on my work!

Jun. 17, 2010 at 4:13 pm :
wow thank you so much!!! that means a lot!! if you like this you might want to check out 'stay for tomorrow' and 'a girl with a little ocd' or 'i once was'

Lonleydandy said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:13 am:
I love the last two lines! Amazing! "As a memory of my first heart broken,/All because of my words unspoken." GENIUS!

Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:43 am :
thankyou so much!! that's my favorite part too!

forgottenpenname This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:18 am:
The rhymes are amazing and sound SO natural in this... like the words just naturally work that way. Fantastic job!!

Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:32 am :
Thankyou so much it means a lot!!! Please check out some more of my work; i'll be sure to check out some of yours!!!

softball6 said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:05 am:
wow i really like this!!! yo are an amazing writer!!

Jun. 16, 2010 at 10:15 am :
wow!!! thankyou so much!!! please check out some of my other work!! you would like it too. Check out 'a girl with a little OCD' and 'i once was'. I'm submitting three more poems today so look out for those in a couple weeks!!! THankyou sooooooo much!!!!

Godzwriter said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:55 am:
I can tell you are a really great writer! Awesome word choice and sentence fluency. May God bless you in your writing, that you would greatly impact all who read your work.

Jun. 15, 2010 at 6:08 pm :
oh mi goodness!!!! thank you so much!!! i will so check out of some of your work!!! just thank you so much-it means so much!!! i hope that what you says does come true!!! god bless!!!