Words Unspoken

My words and thoughts shall not be reclusive anymore,
Love will no longer stick on the tip of my tongue,
These words do not need to be shouted or sung,
Meirly said,
Perhaps it is only in my head.

These feelings must be birds, not caged,
If I don’t get some courage soon,
These thoughts will check into an eternal hotel,
Collecting dust,
Never able to bust,
Unlike the butterflies that fiddle in my stomach, when I see him.
Why can’t my words be like the butterflies and come out on a whim?

Rejection shouldn’t hold me back,
I must try, at least take a crack.
But every time I try to say,
My discouraging thoughts get in the way.

After it all I don’t say whats on my mind,
By now our hands could have been intertwined.

He gave me a goodbye letter that I will keep as a token,
As a memory of my first heart broken,
All because of my words unspoken.

HannSawyer15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love this! It would be great to see something like this in the magazine. Great job! :)

SuperPanda409 said...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm:
Oh wow this was really powerful. Sometimes it the words that you said and sometimes its the words unsaid that hurt you.

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm :
yes exactly! thats how i feel. thakyou for the comment!

BleedingRose said...

I have no clue whatsoever . . . how to express how awesome sauce this poem is . . . so . . . ahem . . .  I'll just say "I pancakes it!"

(Here I use the word 'pancakes' as a replacement for the word 'love' because the world overuses the term.  :))

-Rose

Apr. 24, 2011 at 11:08 pm :
hahah i love that!! and i posted a couple new poems pretty recently and im gonna post one that i got second for in a contest soon ! so i would love for you to check those out!! thanks

c1496c This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great poem! i really love the ending, and how the "words unsporken" sums up the entire piece. good job!=)

Sept. 27, 2010 at 7:21 pm :

wow thankyou sooooo muich!!! it means a lot!!! :)

c1496c This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 27, 2010 at 7:31 pm :
haha yep! anytime! :)

JakeShaw said...
An amazing piece of writing! You really show the reader how the feeling works throughout the poem!

Aug. 6, 2010 at 4:04 pm :
thankyou so much!! :)

OliviaEllisonStewart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 10:34 am:
told you i'd read some of your work. i really like this. i love poetry but i'm not so great at it it seems. then again, what i do like to write doesn't even get published so i'm not sure i'm so great at any of it! oh well. but this is really good. really really good. 

Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:12 pm :
wow thankyou so much and your work is good don't put yourself down like that!!

wild18 said...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 8:49 am:

Wow, this was really good!

My fear IS rejection, but you're right we just have to go for it b.c it might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to us.

Keep it up :) 

Aug. 2, 2010 at 9:33 am :
Exactly:) thankyou so much and i will!

LuvKirstyn14 said...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 8:49 am:
Great poem! The word choice is great and i luv the concept. keep it up!

Jul. 31, 2010 at 3:42 pm :
Thankyou so much:)

CountryGothicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 9:42 am:
I love this, it slowly made me sadder and sadder...very moving. :)

Jul. 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm :
Thankyou so much for your comments and ratings:)

CrazyGirl said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:52 pm:
I love this thanks for looking at some of my work. You are really talented keep writing:)

Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:17 pm :
thankyou so much!! u too