I’ll Shop ’Til I Drop This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Lyin' in bed watching TV,
Same time I'm reading a Juicy magazine!
As I'm slurping soup, feelin' the broth on my throat,
I'm online lookin' for a new pink coat!
I've got a fever, 'bout a hundred n' two, but that doesn't stop me from getting some new shoes!
I feel as cold as an ice cube, but as hot as the oven,
I just bought a couple rings that I'm showin' off and lovin'!
I'm at Old Navy buying some new flip-flops,
I'm as sick as a dog, but I'll shop 'til I drop!

Snow Blossom said...
How on earth was this ever published?? This is not good writing. Poetry should make you think, have a message...and even the less-serious poetry should at least be cute and likable. This is pure nonsense; it is not poetry; it is awful writing. Basically, this is just NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Corinnee<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:07 pm :
Clearly you don't know what poetry is if you think this is "awful." Poetry is simply writing about one's thoughts and emotions. I am most definitely a Scottsdale shopper but I don't take things for granted. I love writing and I actually never expected this to get published. If you would like to check out other poems by me, feel free to do so. Even though your comment was quite ridiculous, it was somewhat helpful and gives me the urge to work harder and become a better writer. Thanks!