Not for Me

I take in your breath-taking smile,
A dazzling sight to see -
Directed at someone who isn't me.

I look at your strong tan fingers,
So lovingly intertwined -
In a hand that isn't mine.

I hear your bold flirty comments,
That leave most in a state of shocked glee -
Said but not for me.

ElijahN said...
AHH this is totally great.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks so much! :)

alanacarlene said...
This makes me wanna cry :'''(  because this is EXACTLY how I feel Alex! Loving someone who barely knows I'm alive :/ It hurts a lot great poem! :)

Ahw don't cry :'( A little advice - if you care about someone let them know. Even if it doesn't go how you want, at least you can stop torturing yourself with the what ifs. I did and it went terribly, but at least now we both know where we stand. Hope that helped a little? Thank ya Alana :)

alanacarlene replied...
Yea I want to I really do! And I think about it everyday, everytime we text but I'm just so afraid that it'll ruin our friendship...

I can't decide if I'm glad I did it. I'm kinda depressed now because of the aftermath.... It all just depends on how much the friendship means to you and how badly you want it to be more. If you can handle just being friends, I suggest that. :

BellelaVie said...
Aw I LOVE THIS! keep writing! This is simple yet a pitiful love almost. good job!

Oct. 24, 2010 at 9:06 am
Thank you so much :)

tdnarb said...
I really liked this poem.  One point of advice would be to simplify the first line because to me, it reads a little awkward.  Other than that, really good!

Yeah, I see what you mean. Thanks for the comment :)

beautifuldisaster18 said...
I love this! I know exactly how you feel. As would most girls. :) Keep writing. You do a wonderful job.

Thanks so much!

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
amazing! we alll noe the feeling!

Aug. 13, 2010 at 10:00 am
I'm glad you can relate!

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:38 am
Thanks you guys!! Keep the comments and feedback coming if you please! :P

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I know how you feel, hon. Hang in there! You're a fabulous writer =]

p.s. anyone who sees this, please rate & comment on my work !

olican16 said...
i know how you feel this same thing happened to me and i didnt know how to tell people who asked me what was wrong what was wrong!! this is exactly the way i felt and didnt know how to put words... but im glad you could... this is good and very relatable i love it!!

Squishy-SquishThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
→Nice poem. Short, simple, and especially easy to understand and relate. Great job :)

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 said...
I know exactly what you mean. It's worse when it's your best friend. He knows you're alive, but he doesn't really count you as a girl. I think it's so crazy they're as close as we are- if ya kno what I mean. Sucks to be us...

Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:55 am
Gracias for the comments guys!