slipping This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

I see you slipping,
Falling from sight,
I try to reach for you,
Try with all my might,
I hear myself call for you,
And that's when I realize
That you don't want me to.
You don't want me to catch you,
You weren't even bumped,
You're not slipping at all,
You jumped

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the April 2011 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

Iloveyoukid said...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 7:48 am
OH my goodness... that was a great poem. :p

ZebraWithoutStripes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this. is. AMAZING. you literally took my breath away. dang! this is my favourite!

Vespa said...
I absolutely loved this! Especially the last line; it conveys both a bone-deep sadness and a helplessness that resonates deep within the reader. Or at least it did with me :)

unique4evr said...
this was really good! it gave me chills! omg! can you check out my poetry and see what ya think and anybody else! thanks and keep writing!

Penfencer said...
Wow, I have to say, I usually hate poems that have any sort of rhyme scheme. But this gave me shivers. It seems like you used the light-hearted lilting of a rhyming poem to get at something much deeper, maybe even darker. I think this is a fantastic piece.

bieberl0ve15 said...
This was amazing! Don't know why there aren't more comments on this!

Auburn said...
this is pretty amazing :) i like the way you turned it around, the wording you used. keep writing! :)

hi butt whole replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 7:30 am
very good i like your way of your writing and how you turnd it around