When The Kingdom Falls (There Goes A Way Out From Here)

When the kingdom falls,
You will be left here to rot
In your misery and shame,
But you don’t have to go alone.
You can bring a friend
if you like,
So for once you can feel wanted,
And greeted-except by the nothingness
That will consume you
on your way down.
You will be able
to taste the sweet
Descent into madness.
If you’ve already tasted it,
Then your stomach
will bulge from too many
Mouthfuls of insanity.

This is the only place
that rotten people like you
Have left to go….

The feelings of your king
are bottled up.
He could not warn you
Of what this place holds.
Take your king and shatter him
into a million pieces.
Then piece them back together,
seal the cracks with superglue,
But only a little so that
justice can seep through.
Then set the bottle on fire.
Take it to the edge of a cliff,
and leave it their to burn.
Now this will be a very wild fire,
And it will spread rapidly,….
So Jump.

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is very interesting. A lot of ideas are going through my mind such as... this poem reminds me of Hell. 

Also, right now I'm watching news about the debt ceiling and all I'm thinking about is our government descending into madness. 

Anyway, great job! LOVE THIS! :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 7:32 pm :
Haha. Merci, merci my love.

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 24, 2011 at 1:40 pm :
You're welcome! :) I think you should know that at my high school we have a choice of five different languages(Latin, Arabic, French, Spanish and Chinese) and I'm doing French. :)

. replied...
Sept. 24, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
Tres bien, tu dois apprendre pour que nous poulons practiquer

Sept. 24, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
My class doesn't start until January so I still don't understand what that means. :) What does it mean, by the way?

Sept. 24, 2011 at 5:46 pm :
The picture you chose for this piece is AWESOME! :) It really represents your poem. Plus, it's just an amazing picture, it's drawn so well. A mix of Alice in Wonderland and Dante's Inferno.

. replied...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 2:18 pm :
Yeah, with a little bit of "why wont the girl with the dictionary just use a french translator?"

Sept. 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm :
Ok, I'm not sure whether to laugh at that or be insulted.

. replied...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 9:49 pm :
Feel free to overreact

Puff_the_dragon said...
I wish i had talent like this, my poems aren't nearly as amazing as yours

Aug. 20, 2010 at 3:11 pm :
merci for taking the time to read and commment on my stuff. i really comment your appreciate. merci tres beaucoup.

Puff_the_dragon replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm :

Its no problem, i like reading what everybody else has to say and i like giving and getting feedback it helps me see what i need to improve on

Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:06 pm :
who's to tell you what you should improve on? but yeah, thats all good.

Puff_the_dragon replied...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 10:59 am :
thank you

CarolynQ said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:02 am:
every word in this has my attention, you capture emotion and detail, and all I can say is it's perfect and i wouldn't change not even one word in it.

Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm :
It really helps when someone other than myself says that, because when I say it, its just, you know, me saying it, and it doesnt really work well. merci captain.  after i read your commentism i reread my poem to see if i saw what you saw. do your dance captain.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm:
I love this piece, as usual, it's so straight-forward and beautiful...

Jun. 20, 2010 at 2:50 am :
've been working on my straightforwardness. thank you captain. you know, some people just dont.....

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 20, 2010 at 12:09 pm :
Oh, I hear you , some people just don't GET IT

Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:25 pm :
HAHAHA! here I am. no there i am, no there you are captain.