Wish and Faith | Teen Ink

Wish and Faith

April 5, 2010
By Marie-Meyers GOLD, St. Louis, Missouri
Marie-Meyers GOLD, St. Louis, Missouri
15 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Sometimes, the bluest part of the sky always seems clearest, so that you may always strive to reach it.\"


What is the meaning of the word, 'wish?'
Is it just another word for empty promises?
Just another word for broken dreams?
When the person who made such a word, made such a word, did they know that it would destroy humanity?
Did they know the word could curse the world?
Did they know it could be so vile?
What is the meaning of the word, 'wish?'
Is it just another word for empty promises?
Just another word for broken dreams?
When humanity made such a word, did they know it would blind the hearts of humans, and their eyes with lies?
What is the meaning of the word, 'wish?'
Is it just another word for an unfulfilled promise;
Just another word for shattered dreams; Just another word for empty hope?
If 'wish' means unfilled promises;
If 'wish' means shattered dreams;
If 'wish' means empty hope, then I don't think such a word should exist in a hopeful world like this...*
But maybe such a word exists, because there is no hope in the hearts of humanity?
But if no hope exists in those hearts of humanity, then what is 'faith' for?
Can 'faith' be another word for the light we can obtain, if the blood on our hands and our clothes, from such a war-stained world, disappears?
Can 'faith' mean that essence of truth;
That filled promise;
That reachable dream;
That 'full of hope' feeling we can only obtain, as long as we believe?


The author's comments:
I'm always asking questions. Always thinking, and always wondering. I question how things are.