About a Poem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Most lines are the rain, smooth and uniform with an undisruptive flow
Like those walking the streets of Times Square in trench coats, not looking left or right
They are bread, feeding minds with their bland pallor
But some lines are thunder, they are lightning. They don't belong.
Their cadence is off beat, an irritation to
comfortable readers
Yet without them the poem is nothing,
It is Lucky Charms without the marshmallows.
I am the thunder, the unrhyming line
Because without misfits what is the world?

lala15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

without misfits, what IS this world?

new favorite poetic line!

i love what you said about the piece, very figuratuve, true, and AMZING poem! going into my favs!

RedpillBluepill said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 1:48 am:
I'm not one to hand out compliments, but this is seriously great work. I love reading unique  stuff like this.

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like how first your talking about the poem, and then your talking about people.  really cool.

imrighthereyouknow said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:05 am:
rhyming is usually pointless. often it even makes the poem worse. nice poem, i agree :)

TenthmuseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 12, 2010 at 2:30 pm:
I really like this! Especially: "It is Lucky Charms without the marshmellows".  You're right, who needs to rhyme if the poem is truly poetry?