We Live

hair in braids.
in cotton checkered dresses,
we smile
gaptoothed smiles
and learn about Jesus.

we live.

hospital beds.
we don't remember these children
who say they love us -
- our great-grandkids?
flower paintings fade to gray.

we live.
we die.

pearly gates.
"come in, come in,
i've been expecting you,
darlings."
light and glory surround.

we live.
we die.
we live again.

JustAdmiring said...
PossiblyL: -- I stumbled across your werks ...u made me think of really whats next after this world....and am in awe of your enlightenment... just admiring and nothing else.    keep it up.

possiblylindsey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:16 am
thanks so much =] im glad you like it!

possiblylindsey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i rahhther dont like the way my comment interfered with the poem. it loses its touch. sigh. oh well, hope yall still like =]

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
its kinda of like not knowing what a word means so you look it up and then your really confused. I like how you told this story. I like how you tell all your stories. 5 stars captain. do your dance.

May 25, 2010 at 11:33 am
i didnt understand the first sentence of that comment, but i DID get that you think its good, so thank yahh =]

nobody understands what I'm trying to say. i bet if i spoke boosflashium then everybody would understand....

dont you mean, if everybody else spoke it, THEN people would understand?

May 26, 2010 at 6:03 am
hmm...i didnt think of that. maybe thats my problem. why are you trying to analyze everything i say wilth logic and good sense?

because logic and good sense are generally good things... or so i thought.

maybeshannon replied...
and since when do you have logic and good sense??? only on rare occasions, i'd say =]P

is this one of those "you know me too well" moments?? i sorta hope its not... =]P

yeah, but I love you for it.

maybeshannon replied...
hahaha well yeah it could possibly be considered as one of those moments =]P but who's judging?? lololol

May 27, 2010 at 9:23 am
 clearly, you are, shannon =]P lol and thanks for the love, bud!!!

maybeshannon replied...
hahahaha no im not!! im just sayinggg that ....nevermind lol you know what i mean =]P