Down Payment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Scrape the asphalt
with those tires
that move the machine
that fuels the fire
that burns our time
spent in bills
of numbers that drive us
from an offer that kills –
let us escape,
let us ride free,
on material that takes us
where we want to be –
we all want the answer
so, is it so much to ask;
how much are we paying
for that full tank of gas?

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The poem has nice rhythm---a bit comical too. I can just picture the exasperated person at the pump, lifting their arms to the sky, screaming "Why???"

crimsonsilver said...
I love the rythm that you keep through the whole poem - the flow is perfect. That's not easy to do!

SMWells said...
I read three of your poems. They were all fastenating enough to make me read the next. Your poetry has a delightful quality that both intoxicates and puzles the reader. I love it.

GoldenGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh, wow, thank-you! That means so much to me! I dearly appreciate your comment, and I'm glad that you enjoy my writing!!! :D

S M Wells replied...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:17 am
Not at all. I'm am very fond of poetry. I write it, read it and critisise it all the time. And I've read quite a few books of peotry by poular and out of date authers. So when I say yours is good I mean it. As I've plenty to compare it to.

Oh my goodness! You have no idea what your comment means to me. Thank-you so much, that's so nice of you to say, and to really mean it! I know a lot of people say that they like it just to be nice. Thank-you again!!! :)

S M Wells replied...
Your very welcome. I find  it nice to have a coment apreciated. For I alwase speek from the heart. And therefor don't alwase say the most positive things. My own fault you see. I find it surprising that I get onlong at all in this world considering a find honesty esential.

I definitely agree. I live by honesty. Usually when someone asks me to critique their writing, I find it very difficult to say anything at all if their writing isn't good. But I try to say the most positive things. And your comment is most greatly appreciated!

S M Wells replied...
Jan. 15, 2011 at 8:43 am
Well thank you.