Dream Come True | Teen Ink

Dream Come True

April 11, 2010
By samanthab1996 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
samanthab1996 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -Phillipians 4:13


It was the morning of a very nice day. I remember the temperature outside was in the mid seventies; just right. I pulled off the blankets and swiftly moved towards the window that was now calling my name with sunlight. I tugged on the drapes, and they opened, allowing the sun to pour into my room like the broken dam of a river. I peered out to see a beautiful view, and I just HAD to go outside to see it better. I glided to the living room, still in my nightgown. As I opened the front door, the breeze brushed against my soon-to-be-bronze skin and sent a burst of joy through my veins. I sucked in the cool air, nourishing my lungs with the soft, dreamy touch of the innocent wind. I stepped out the door onto the beach. The warm sand crept between each one of my toes, causing my feet to sink down about an inch. I kept walking forward, pulling my sand out of the sun-bitten sand. I got right up next to the tide coming in, and waited for the water to come a few feet more up the beach. As I smiled and watched, it splashed against my soles, hydrating me from the ankles down. The salt-dowsed water felt so great on my skin, I just wanted to jump right in. Remembering I still had my nightgown on, I ran back up the beach to my house, threw off my nightgown, and hurriedly put my swim suit on. I walked back to the beach as the sun beamed onto my skin, and I could already feel the tan being injected into me like a tattoo. I ran right into the ocean, not a single pause until I was shoulder-deep in relaxing, cool salt water, full of life and joyfulness. I slunk into the water, lying on my back. Now I could feel the great blue soaking into my hair like a sponge in a pool. It was so calming, I felt as if I was in a dream. I stood up in the water and looked to my right. Up on the land, not far from my house, was a great, never-ending pasture of all kinds of blooming flowers; daisies, tulips, hydrangeas, sunflowers, lilies, and all other beautiful, colorful, life-living plants. I could smell the sweet nectar smell from all the way out here. I closed my eyes and breathed in deep, taking in all that was around me. When I opened them up, it was not the ocean and the flowers in the distance that I saw, but my window with drapes shut over it. Had this all been a dream? I guess it had been. I got out of my bed, pulled open the drapes, and to my surprise, what did I see? The beautiful view of the ocean, of course, the baked sand, and even the full-of-life-flowers off in the distance. I had been dreaming all along, but the good thing was that my dream had come true. And that is what a dream come true really should be about.


The author's comments:
This piece has almost a paradise feel to it, and I really tried to focus on imagery in this one. I spent a while writing it, but I had fun coming up with things for it. I am please with the outcome :)