Walk Away- Matrix

We were standing there when I remembered I don’t care
What is this all if not a matrix of words?
Dead leaves fly through the air like greeting cards
And I spin myself around, looking absurd

The people always told me to stick to my day job
To not spend my nights thinking Texas and minds
But I wore my long skirts with flowers in my hair
And when white doves exploded I kicked some behinds

I live in a world where the matrix of words
Wraps around me like vines- I can no longer say
So just soak my soul in kindness and songs
And walk away, my dear, walk away.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
i love the description, still great tho

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Why in the world should this not make sense? To me, it makes perfect sense. 

Does that make me crazy?

To me, this poem is about finding who you are, without trying to fit into the norms of society. It's about letting loose, enjoying the small wonders of life, accepting that nobody is perfect and that we should embrace our imperfections. 

If this wasn't supposed to make sense, what does it mean to you? Or did you just wri... (more »)

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
By the way, I'm sorry that almost every one of my comments posted itself over and over. I don't know why it did that...

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You got it exactly right. I was just worried that people wouldn't get the message, and think I was writing random lines. hence the side note on the article. but you described it perfectly. thank you so much for understanding!!!

I'm glad I managed to understand! :)

AbbyQ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 2:48 am
I love that it doesn't make sense. It has a certain... organic quality that I really like.

amaranth178 replied...
Whoa. Epic poem in terms of I don't understand but I do. It'll come to me. :P Certain phrasings just...pop out...it's great. If I could add this as a favorite I would (honestly. I think I'm just a 'sucker' for poems like these) haha sorry if I'm strange. It happens sometimes...X)