I Remember This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There's nothing left to remember anymore.
I've replayed every moment 'til the tapes of my mind burned out, I've sucked the nuances dry. Nothing left to contemplate. Except …

The way your eyes dripped black with kerosene and rage. Brokeneness seeped from your pores, an essential part of you. Sorrow wedded itself to your every movement, a carefully practiced routine.
I remember the small notches of your spine, your wide nail beds. I remember your shallow ribcage and bleeding heart.
I used to memorize the contours of your face, knowing subconciously I'd need the memory someday, but now Someday has arrived and I don't know how to remember.
I want to forget every detail of you, but at the same time keep every moment forever. Put memory safe in a box. Not to open, just to keep on a shelf, for the time when I may forget what it was like to look into your eyes. The photo album you're too afraid to look in, afraid to see how you've changed, or how you've stayed static. Pandora's box. The only thing that would remain inside if I opened it is the hope I can never quite grasp again.
The words elude me. I don't want to write anymore, I don't want to think. I don't want to think about things that might lead to thinking about love, or you, or anything that happened before.
I'm tired of loving; there's too much risk. I love too much. I love … I don't know. But there must be some fatal flaw, because the end result always seems the same. Here I am, for the umpteenth time, pressed against the glass wall of reality. My heart on one side, my head on the other. Never the two shall meet.
But I remember, remember, remember …
still longing to forget.

DontxstopxImagining said...
Lovely <3

Victoria B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is an amazing poem. :) congrats.

Annabelle294 said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 7:24 am
Your words are so powerful, and captivating, keep writing!

Malsie28 said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:34 am
great metaphors :D i love how you tied it cleanly together from the first stanza to the last with "remember" <--shows you were thinking in advance and aware of what you were writing :)

jenicex said...
Nov. 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

I read this poem in the magazine - CONGRATS! (:

I just wanted to say that this poem is extremely amazing. I read it over and over, and I love it more every time.

You're an amazing writer. I hope to read more from you soon. (:

BaiLiHua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very solid beautiful imagery, even if the poem might have done with fewer words: it could have been more powerful if cut down to be concise. But I liked it.

Metree This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so good!! I feared it would give me a headache with its length but it easwas precisely it's length and modern feel that kept me reading until the end! Very well done!

IamtheWallpaper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you very much! :) I'm so glad you didn't get a headache hehe.

the.kanguru This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 12:24 am
surprising that this exploded out of you fueled on a headache. it's very intense "My heart on one side, my head on the other. never the two shall meet" ; "brokenness seeped from your pores, an essential part of you" are my favorite lines. It's almost like a lyrical narrative. Maybe you could expand this into a short story and/or novel. I enjoyed it.