Library of Peace

Here I am
Sitting in my library of peace
Watching the books reside on the shelves
Some of them with different colors
Some of them with funny names
Each one with a different story.

Sitting here
In my library of peace
I decide that the books are people
Forced to exist in the same world
Despite their different colors
And funny names
And different stories
All making the best of their world
That’s what I think
As I’m sitting here
In my library of peace.

WritingJulia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's really nice.  Keep writing!

bullet.with.butterfly.wings said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 12:55 am:
oh my...i always believed in equal rights and this just gives me more of a reason to, thank you... keep it up, you have a gift

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm:

I think this is your best poem on TeenInk. You have a message. You have meter. You have flow. You have a beginning, middle and end.

You have a poem.

I think that this should have been printed in the magazine. I think that you should submit this elsewhere, if you haven't already, and I think you should keep submitting it and submitting it and submitting it until it gets the recognition it deserves. 

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm :

Thank you so much!

I actually wrote this one a little while back and have been submitting it various places ever since-- so far it's only been published in my school's lit magazine and on this site. thanks for the engouragement, it really means a lot!

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:25 pm :
I'm glad you are submitting it to so many places! Have you tried looking for a magazine that focuses on equality? They might be more open to it...other sources may feel it's too controversial, although they have no reason to feel that way. 

Jul. 7, 2010 at 7:52 am :
By the way, if you could comment on some of my pieces I would be happy :D

amaranth178 said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:08 pm:
Thanks for looking at my work as well! This analogy was positively brilliant. I just had this airy library feeling and I could see various flags/images in my mind...yea, so I'll stop :) But it was good

alwayskelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2010 at 11:35 am:

i love this its so cool! i love how you relate the books to people. it relates to me because sometimes i think what if my life was a just a book? so yeah...great poem

by the way thanks for commenting on my poem :)