Semi-Automatic

My inspiration has given up
My motivation met me half way
When my ambitions lost the fight
My encouragement just went away
It’s easy to get my engine started
But it won’t start up all the way
A few more tries is all it will take
And one more try is all it takes
All my dreams sit wide awake
Troubled by emotions they can’t name
And when my reasons saw the ordeal
They didn’t have very much to say
The closest I ever come to sleep at night
Is crying over it during the day
So I stole sleep and wasted dreams
In the end my dreams put sleep to waste
Every time I retrace my steps
It’s success that always seems to fade
I told victory of my tragic defeat
And when she heard this she ran away
I pleaded to my aspirations
But I couldn’t get them to stay
I tempted them with visions of triumph
But my triumph saw no reason to stay.
I’m speechless after it all
So I just listen to my disgrace
But even he had given up
For even he couldn’t go all the way.

Aderes18 said...
Sometimes I feel like this, like all my inspiration has faded away.I can't believe someone was able to turn that emotion into a poem. True genius. 

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh Aderes,my dear, again you have taken my mushrooms and turned them into bologna sandwiches. thank you.

Asianflowers said...
This is Awesome! Very well put and written and I like what you're saying. Great Job!

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:36 am
much you very thank captain. i really input your appreciate.

DreamWriter15 said...
You know what, just from sitting here reading your poems, I've already bookmarked like six of them as favorites, and this is yet another one.  I love it!

Jun. 20, 2010 at 3:11 am
so, i guess this means you're not getting tired o me yet? merci very alot much captain.

DreamWriter15 replied...
No, I don't tire too easily, I stick with it :)

very nice.

DreamWriter15 replied...
haha it's inside, I'm not a very athletic person, I do tire physically very easily

were swimming in the same gene pool.

DreamWriter15 replied...
why does that thought scare me...?

because you figure that just because we're both not very athletic and we tire easily then we must be related and that scares you because you've seen what i did with the hopscotch monkey.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Nah, it doesn't bother me because you'd be related....you'd be the 12th sibling...

Jul. 1, 2010 at 3:24 am
then why does the thought scare you captain? am I not 12th sibling material? 12th? really?

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 11:14 am
Well, actually, I wouldn't care if you were a younger sibling, it's if you're older that matters, cause I don't think I could stand a third older sibling....but even so, 11 is enough for me.

you have to consider that its me you're talking about captain, and thats if you take what i said literally. when i said we were in the same gene pool i didnt mean we were siblings. you'd have to ask my statement itself what it meant.

DreamWriter15 replied...
know I was just being funny...or dumb....you can never tell what the other thinks until moments like this...

Jul. 3, 2010 at 11:55 am
i see, but i just cant help being whatever i become at the chemistry of this awesomeness when you speak.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Alright...(and I'm thinking, if you're getting so fired up about my lousy talk, how fired up do you get about REAL talk??)

Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:15 am
(we could have real talk and answer your question) its actually the randomness in some of your responses. on several occasions i've said or asked something and then you responded and by your response it was clear that we lost each other.so depending on your definition of real talk, i'm not sure how it would turn out....