...You... | Teen Ink

...You...

February 20, 2010
By l3e_My_Escape BRONZE, 27105, North Carolina
l3e_My_Escape BRONZE, 27105, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take anyone for granted, hold everyone close to your heart. Because one day you might wake up and realize, you lost a Diamond...while you were too busy collecting stones." – Unknown


Wake up, do you hear that sound?
Do you hear it? It's all crashing down...
Wake up, can you see?
Can you see all these broken pieces around me?
Wake up, don't you understand?
Why don't that I just got scared and let go of your hand?...
Wake up, why won't you reach out?
Didn't I say I was trying, don't you believe me...then why...r u showing doubt?...
Wake up, what do you mean you're letting go?
I thought you said you believe in me...then, why are you letting me hit my all-time low?...
Wake up, didn't you say you loved me?
Then why are you leaving...why are you giving up on me?...
Wake up, why are you saying goodbye?
...I thought u said you needed me...or was that just another lie?...
Wake up, Why did you think that I lied?
Why couldn’t you see the truth...when I said without you I die?...
Wake up, why did you say that you cared...?
When I needed you the most...you left, you let go, you gave up...you broke me...just why did you stop being there?...
Wake up, why did you believe that there was nothing that you could do..? Why couldn't you just see that all I actually needed was......
You....


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem last year…& This poem is about a girl and a boy, and they were best friends… She had expectations from him…but all those expectations were just all the promises he had made to her. As a friend she trusted him…and believed him. & she says wake up throughout the whole poem, because she wants him to realize all that he was doing to her and how he was going back on his promises. She told him how much he was hurting her, she even told him that she couldn’t take it anymore, she wanted to end her life… & like a boy, he leaves her like she is, a mess, at the time she needed him the most..So she does it, she puts herself out of her misery. & be4 she kills herself, she asks him, why he left why he did that to her…& he said that he believed there was nothing that he could do. That is why at the end of the poem it says, “Wake up, why did you believe there was nothing that you could do?...Why couldn’t you just see…that all I actually needed was,…..You….”