reflection | Teen Ink

reflection

By SaithSiro PLATINUM, Jacksonville, Florida
SaithSiro PLATINUM, Jacksonville, Florida

I only wanted to fly.

I honestly wonder what you see, when you look in the mirror. I have stared at it for so long, I have begun to believe that my soul is on the other side. If I scream loud enough, long enough, will I finally be able to break out? I lie awake and stare in wonder. I scream for you to come find me. I can only hope that you notice the same things I do. do you notice the writing on the wall? Do you notice me? will you remember my name? will you help me if and when i plead for it? You are my confident. My Love and my sorrow. My joy and my pain. The heartache you have caused is one in a million. I wonder if you'd understand. You are my echo. My mirror image. Do I break the frame? Will that finally set us free? Can we finally break away, out of these constricting binds? You are my last resort, my last attempt at hope. You are my everything, and you are nothing. Your just my reflection.

Moloctopus BRONZE, Dyersburg, Tennessee

At some point you've got to stop looking up at the sky, or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you've floated away too.

I can honestly relate to this really well.

I really like it.

Keep it up.