Invisible Tears

Eyes too dry
For tears to roll down my face
Stain my cheeks
As the bitter tears should leave my eyes
And my heart
But I’ve been hurt time
And time again
For the same stupid reasons
(When will I ever learn?)
My hopes have been crushed too many times
I should really learn not to care
But I’m not a heartless person
Though I’m not all human anymore either
I’ve taught myself a neat little trick
I’ve taught myself not to cry
I won’t allow it
That’s why my eyes are too dry
For tears to race down my face
Stain my cheeks as the bitter cold tears should escape my eyes
And my heart

elvisurock732 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is beautiful plain and simple! i love it so much

Victoria~Alexis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank youuu that really means a lot to me :)

hollyhottell said...
i like your poem. i can relate. i keep forgiving my dad but he just hurts me everytime. i keep giving him a chance cause theres that hope you know.......in the back of your mind theres always that possibility that maby oneday they'll see what there doing to you and say sorry and just maby be a better person. you should check out my work

yeah i totally understand,, :\
ok i will :)

AmberAnn_d-_-b said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 11:53 am
I think this is a great poem, but as advice for your next poems I feel they should lead somewhere. This is just a thought.

haha yeaa.. well this was sort of a thought and a bit random,, i wasnt even meaning to write a poem when i wrote it

chu-chi,!!! said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:45 am
I really think this poem is great, but next time either rhyme or free verse it, but don't do both because it gets confusing. Otherwise very good

okk, thanks for the constructive critisism

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this, but I can't say I'm much of a fan of the repition in the last 4 lines. I think the poem would be stronger if you maybe just took them out, or somehow changed the end. Otherwise, very good!
If you get the chance, please check out my work. I'd appreciate any comments you have!

ok,, thank you for the constructive critisism, it always helps. and ok I'll check out your work right now :)