What is College? | Teen Ink

What is College?

By kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey
kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey

"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."
"Our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched"

College is the overrated process of extending tedious education for four plus years at an exaggeratedly expensive cost.
College is the crossroads of life where your past is thrown out the window and every important decision is put on your plate being shoved down your throat all at once
College is the end of your easy years, old relationships, and the best times of your life.

College is the beginning of the real world you have feared since you watched Peter Pan when you were a young child
College is the foundation for a successful life, giving you every tool you need to brace the journey you embark on after that last diploma graces your precious finger tips and you step on the stage one last time

College is seen as a tortuous period of life
College is seen as the end of it all

But what really is College?
It is different for us all…

Picking a college is stressful and I believe the process is describe in this poem.

Myrtle25 BRONZE, New York, New York
straight on! very true. you effectively convey the challenges and possibilities of College.

kar13 PLATINUM said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 12:17 am
kar13 PLATINUM, Mahwah, New Jersey

thank you!

Bryce Dudzinski SILVER, Peoria, Arizona
wow. very good. the metaphors were great and it very clearly showed your thoughts on college. my favorite line was the peter pan line. good job