Nothing To Report This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

210 Steps 'til the end of the block –
It was a long long day
180 steps 'til I reach my driveway –
Stress levels went through the roof
50 steps to my front door –
Mother's going to ask how my day was and I don't want to tell her about how I spent my lunch in the cafeteria crying.
25 steps 'til depression –
I don't want to tell her about how the girls made fun of my size or how the boys talked behind my back. I pretended not to listen but they knew I could hear them.
20 Steps 'til sadness –
I don't want her to know that I skipped most of my classes because I couldn't summon up the courage to face the hordes of rumors.
I don't want her to know that I feel depressed.
10 –
I don't want her to worry. She works hard she doesn't need to be worried about me too.
5 –
I don't want her to know …
“Hey, hon, How was schoool?”
– I look her straight in the eyes –
“Nothing To Report”

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 9, 2012 at 3:22 pm:
It was like reading an exposé of what some kids go through in school, and the fear or uneasiness they experience about telling their parents. Great job~

alanna_mcc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2011 at 5:30 pm:
i can relate good job few errors but good

Razor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 11, 2011 at 9:08 pm :
Thank you for the comment. May I ask what kind of errors?