Mirai

Wild and unknown,
Like a foreign beast,
She sleeps,
Silent and swift,
Always.
You hide from her,
You run,
Even cry,
But she cannot be avoided,
Ever.
She comes on quick,
Like cyanide,
And creeps into your life,
As welcome as a succubus,
Change.
She see's you,
Timid as a child,
Eye's wide, face flushed,
She smiles,
Acceptance.
You embrace her,
And sigh,
Relief like a river,
Clarity and comfort,
Future.
Known by all,
Hated by many,
She sleeps.

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love the personification. its very well written and flows well :) keep writing, Mel oh and check some of my stuff out if you would like, i would love to hear what you have to say ! again, great job

theMysteryPoet replied...
Thanks so much! I love getting feedback on my poetry and i will definitely check yours out :)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it seems like your subconscious came out to play in your poem... are you talking about yourself? great stuff by the way, read some of mine?

theMysteryPoet replied...
Not at all. I wrote it to personify "future" as a woman, but no woman in particular. Thanks much for the comment :)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
no prob, and thanks for looking at my stuff, let me know when you have more coming, I know i have stuff pending...

theMysteryPoet replied...
Ive got some stuff pending right now, three poems. And im submitting another soon, i just have to stop being so lazy and type it already. lol

nice, i have about 7 in the works i'll check in later