My Motivation

I spend everyday
picking up the pieces
of fallen friends
and gluing them back together.

Eventually the glue will melt
and once more they will crumble,
but I will pick them up again.
If only to see them smile.

gracegirl29This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is awesome, i love the simplicity of it and i feel the exact same way about some of my friends!

JandeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:43 am :
Aww! Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

gaga-fan28 said...
I liked that this poem was straightforward-ly expressing the situation while still flowing nicely and using strong metaphors :) P.S. I saw that you were a Lady Gaga fan, I wrote an article about her :)) Good work and keep on writing! You are very talented :)

Aug. 28, 2010 at 8:42 am :

Hey fellow little monster! :P

I'm glad you liked my poem. ♥ Thank you very much!

chipsandguacamollie said...
Simple, to the point, and very good.  You can really get a sense of this person even in just a few short lines, and the metaphor was great.  It flows well and just sounds natural.  Nice job.  

Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:43 pm :
Thank you very much for your lovely comment. <3

ItWasAMurderButNotACrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was simple and beautiful.  The messge comes across very clearly--taking care of all of your friends, keeping them together, putting them together when they've fallen apart.  The rhyme and flow is excellent.

Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:59 pm :
Thank you. I appreciate all your wonderful comments.

ItWasAMurderButNotACrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:08 pm :
My pleasure:D It was really fun reading your poems.

Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:57 pm :
Thank you so much. That means a lot.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I la-la-LOVE this. Its really relatable, and if you really look you can find anger. I find myself in this position a lot and get angry about it, that I'm so willing to help ALL the time, even when they make me mad. Great writing and nice flow. Keep it up!

Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:41 pm :
Thank you very much. <3 I'm glad you like it.

Mimi8 said...
This is amazing, I absolutely love it!

Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm :
Thank you so much!

CrystalDE said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 4:04 pm:
Sounds like your the one that keeps your friends together and they must hurt a lot. I like it, great job.

Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm :
We all hurt, so we all understand. Thank you so much.

Supernova7 said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:39 pm:
This is my favorite poem of yours. I could relate to it. It's beautiful:)

Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm :
Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it and can relate to it. <3

nikka12345678999 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 2:17 pm:
aww thats so beautiful

Jun. 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm :
Thank you so much!