If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

Fia-fia said...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:52 am

AMAZING! You are very good, this is a great piece of work! Thank you!

:)

kama24 replied...

I agree with her! This poem was amazing it defantly got me to thinking how i would want the workd to be like! I love your work and hope to me and hope that people learn to help and not try and to bring you down.

belieber replied...
this poem is amazing! "riley j," have any of yours got submited? if so, good for you, but if not, no need to bring down someone else's because obviously alot more people like this one more than yours.

Fia-fia replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 9:55 am
"ManekiNeko," because i cannot see how i was at all rude in my comment, i will assume you are talking about the poem, which disappoints me. Writing is a medium of self-expression, and this person obviously put a lot of work into this poem. It is well written and if you plan on commenting like this on any piece of writing that is not the most positive thing in the world, then i think you will find yourself disliking every other piece of writing you read. Thank, but as you previously said, if you ... (more »)

Chibi-Alexis said...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 7:16 am
This is amazing.  I loved reading it!

Theo L. said...
Dec. 1, 2011 at 3:42 am
You are so talented! This is beautifull poem...It would be awsome if someone like you, with your ideas, will be in the charge of the worl

Ada D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! I really like the way you paint a great picture with simple words...especially about a topic that can very easily cross-over into cliche!

ShadowKeeper said...
BEAUTIFUL!! it was captivating from beginning to end

Jacy-Lee said...
I love how simple and yet beautiful this piece is. with such bare lines can come such vivid images yes?

Dreammer said...
Enjoyed the poem plates look at mine and comment

AmayaSakaruta said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:24 am
i really like this...please check out some of my work?

Lady-Milano said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:51 am

great poem

silver47 said...
great poem!!! love it keep up the good work, maybe you could check out some of mine? :)

GirlWhoWrote said...

I liked it, v. inspiring! Please please check out my poems, they are called "Murder' and "Theif, which is the next article after "Murder".

Sophie

Laura_Oliver said...

Aw, this is a nice poem. Four stars at least! Nice message, too.

And plus I would really appreciate it if you could check out some of my work, too, like "The Reason in Blackmail".

Oh, and usually, the last page of the book doesn't really contribute to the story much. But that's beside the point (^_^)

sixfeetunderthestars said...
Awesome! Very inspiring poem...makes me want to go write something beautiful. It's simple yet very beautiful, and sometimes the loveliest things in the world are the simplest, right? ;)

XpurplemacaroniX said...
i love this! it uses such great wording and flows so well, and i love the fact that it makes a great point and that the pure simplicity of the poem emphasizes the main point and makes it that much more powerful. wonderfully written!

wishonastar said...
Wow. I don't even know what to say, this is so good!!!!

Ellabell said...
Great ending! So simple and so powerful.

Poet_In_TrainingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Extremely well written! It's a very soulful piece, and I could practically see where you were going with it! :) 5 out of 5!

Could someone come check out my poems. I know they're a bit rusty, but it is my first time writing my own poetry!

meli-meli said...
I love how everything you want to change is so simple and personal to you. Definitely adding ot to my favs!