If I Were in Charge of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

(Apologies to Judith Viorst)
If I were in charge of the world
My favorite flip-flops would never wear out.
There would be no books of poems with the
last page missing,
No hairy spiders to hide in the corners.
If I were in charge of the world
I would have a never-ending string of puddles
to jump in,
And mothers would never scold their children
for tracking mud halfway down the hall.
If I were in charge of the world
There would never be hungry but always satisfied,
Except in the classroom, where
There would be endless shelves of books to feed
voracious minds.
I would find a way to make it easier
For everyone to understand that sometimes the same
stars can make
multiple constellations,
And that Archimedes was right:
You can move the world if only you have a lever and
a place to stand.

jennabrinks said...
Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:38 am
Awesome poem! I can totally relate

Jamespack said...
Mar. 8, 2016 at 11:47 am
this is a very fantastic article!!! can't wait to read it!!!!!!

Christina2588 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/860555/bits-of-my-childhood-were-lost-to-the-clouds/ please take some time to check out my work and leave constructive criticism. Much appreciated!

A.L._Ias said...
This was really beautiful (I can totally relate)! It sounded so professional.

Darius_Nobles said...
Sept. 14, 2015 at 10:26 am
TeenInk.com/users/Darius_Nobles Please Leave Constructive Criticism, There's always room for improvement. Thanks Enjoy.

thisEmilyda1 said...
It was a beautiful poem. It was mvoing and inspirational, but at the same time it was sad and haunting. i love the ending the most, it was sweet and thought provoking, it is a nice conclusion to the poem. know a lot of people are asking this, so i understand if you don't want to, but i am an aspiring author and would love you to check out my stories. your feedback would mean a lot to me, so thanks for considering. keep up the good work.

DietCokeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your use of anaphora as well as your metaphor behind Archimedes were both greatly crafted to perfection. What an apology! I can only hope you'd check my work out as well: TeenInk.com/poetry/sonnet/article/808811/The-Prickle-Bush/

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
And this is what perry was created for.

Jamerson said...
May 27, 2015 at 10:29 am

Iamwhoiam17 said...
May 27, 2015 at 3:10 am
That is great!! Please check out my poem and like it please!: TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/709809/MeWho-i-want-to-be/

ROYALPURPLE said...
Very relatable and deep! Well done.

Amanda I. said...
This poem makes me happy (:

CharleyHeelis said...
Love it! Please check out my work @JessicaB.It's called Fire or Ice :) :)

That1CrazyChick said...
I love what you said about the constellations :D Well done!

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:48 am
Wow, this poem is awesome. Especially the last 3 lines. You're an amazing poet :)

mads1827 said...
I believe this poem is extrodinary and you are going places.

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your poem is inspiring and has a lot of truth, also. Alos, congrats on having this published. You deserve it. 

TakeAGuessKatara replied...
Nov. 10, 2014 at 1:09 am
I completly concur :) 

Oh, wow. I love this. It's amazing. You have such a talent and greatness in you; believe that becuase you do. Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

thefailureofhopes said...
Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:27 am
I love this poem, how it doesn't rhyme but flows throughout perfectly - bbbbeautiful :)