Apogee | Teen Ink

Apogee

By SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California
SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

Damnation through your words

Heaven leaves me no mercy

Slap in the face, two eyes at my God

Without you I can’t see

Leaving when you need to stay

Be someone who understands

Gentle, loving, forever is what I want

You entrap that in your hands

Stab with your touch

Beat with a kiss

Kill with your love

You make me wanna cry

But without you I’d die

SunshyneSky GOLD, Oakdale, California

It was about my soon to be ex.. I'm glad you liked it! thank you!

twiwrite GOLD said...
twiwrite GOLD, Modesto, California

none :P

i like the picture you chose its pretty cooll. and i love the poem. very good. reminds me of my ex. :'(