When Bees get Lonely This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Seven-thousand, nine-hundred-and-seventy octangular suns
and none of them were made for you.
Drunk on golden syrup
and too heavy for your own wings,
you'll drift in and out of the reality some genius named “the sky.”
Flowers tangle among each other to strangle cobwebs.
The earth's getting old and you feel like being younger.
Paint yourself yellow with scars of black
because contrast is interesting and drama is too.
and none of them were made for you.

Dewwagner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:56 am
I love the use of numbers in a poem, so thats a plus. I love the lines 'beacuse contrast is interesting and drama is too' and 'too heavy for your own wings' good emotion.

bluewordy said...
This made me desperately sad...such a lovely poem. Made me think of summers, and the few memories I have of being little. Poetry that reaches readers' hearts is good poetry.

andieyupThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 9:19 am

this was brilliant.

i have seen a lot of horrid poems on this site. this puts a majority of the over-the-top melodramatic ones to shame: you showed a great sense of control and used it to your advantage. the imagery is beautiful and the flow is right-on. 

do us all a favor and don't stop writing.

CaptainFabulous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
awesome so descriptive about something so simple i really like this

Scarlett said...
very unique, I liked it :)

loser_like_me_xD said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 10:08 am
this is wonderful and amazing :0) congrats on getting published! this deserves to be

Shelly.B This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you.

LiveInTheMoment said...
Wow, this was a truly beautiful poem. I loved how you wrote about something so original, but delivered it in such a unique and sad way. Keep on writing, this is amazing work of art! 8)