Insanity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.

Insanity
there is no such thing as
freedom from oppression,
because we live in a world where there is
legal evil and despicable practices,
we struggle against the
truth,
as we start to embrace
the darkness inside,
we know we can defeat
change,
a fearful thing, but with
good-hearted intentions
polluted
we shall succeed with destroying
trust between multiple races
it's just the beginning, starting with
hope and logic
no longer belonging in this world of mine
cruelty, arrogance, and hatred are
not foolish notions; because the fact is
love, acceptance, and equality are
not what rules this planet
insanity is

(Now read it backwards)

This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category. This piece won the April 2010 Teen Ink Poetry Contest.

celloizmylife said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 11:05 am:
Loads of my friends had to do this style of poem, read forwards and backwards. I respect it due to the great message, the quality of the poem front-ways, and the difficulty of making something like this, but I felt like the reversed way was a little incoherant at times. I've seen ones like this where the grammar still makes sense when it's reversed, but I didn't see that here. A little editing and it could easily be fixed.

Noura J. said...
While I've seen this sort of thing attempted, I've never seen anything quite so coherent both ways--with such a powerful message! keep up the good work ok?

Alisha62293 said...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 7:43 am:

I love what you did with this poem, and i couldnt agree more with your message. I am half puerto rican and most people really cant tell. I got a job, and then they found out my nationality and they fired me. They wont admit it, but everyone knows thats why. Equality is very important, and even though not everyone views people with equality in mind, i guess it kinda makes up for all of the people that do.

i love your word choice, and i am totally looking forward to reading... (more »)

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
this is the first poem that ive actually really liked

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 4, 2010 at 6:39 am :
.......whats the screenname?

hollyhottell said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 5:41 pm:
is is soooooo good and the backwards thing was kool.good job...i have a poem called insanity too lol its way diffrent it actually bout a insane person

CarolynQ said...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 7:52 pm:
this poem took my breath away... truely talented. :]

browneyedpoet said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 12:40 am:

Wow, this is so powerful! I actually like the meaning both forwards and backwards. Forwards, it feels like a rant at all of the craziness and hate in the world...backwards, it's a beautifully optimistic - but not naive - view of the world.

I noticed you live in Canada, but have you heard about the new immigration law in Arizona? It sort of fits in with the issue of racial profiling, and it's a pretty big issue in the U.S. right now.

This is unrelated, but I also have t... (more »)

bkcrider92 said...
May 21, 2010 at 10:35 am:
This is my favorite poem I've ever read! I honestly think this i genius! i read it both ways and its absolutely amazing! I'm speechless! I would be so honored if an amazing writer as you could read my poem Memories! Could you comment and rate it please? =D

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

this is completely amazing!!!!

i LOVE the forwards/backwards aspect, this is the first palindroem (palindrome and poem- a word of my own invention) i've ever seen! I love how you incorperate this inventive aspect but manage to have a coherent, meaningful poem(s) at the same time!!!! this is truly a magnificent peice of work!!!!

NemoMag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 7:07 pm :
Thank you very much. ^^

serena said...
this is awesome :)

Apr. 16, 2010 at 7:07 pm :
Thanks! = )