Not a Poem | Teen Ink

Not a Poem MAG

By justkasey SILVER, Oak Grove, Missouri
justkasey SILVER, Oak Grove, Missouri

"These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, Which as they kiss, consume." -William Shakespere (Romeo and Juliet)

And this poem can't be finished,
because it ends where it starts.
And as it's just beginning is
exactly where it parts.
And when it's sad it's crying,
truly happy tears.
And when it's finally dying,
it's more alive than it's been in years.
And when the light is showing,
it's darker than the Earth.
And when it's finished caring,
is when it does give birth.
And when it tries to prepare,
it collapses to the ground.
And when it tries to be heard,
it doesn't make a sound.
And this poem can't be finished,
because it never really began.
Instead of sticking to the paper,
the words got up and ran.

I wrote this with the idea in mind that nothing ever goes as planned. And you just have to go along with it because nothing can be promised to be avoided or garaunteed.

on Apr. 18 2011 at 7:34 am
KaitlynMarie GOLD, Northborough, Massachusetts

"I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."
-Nicholas Sparks

Oh my gosh! Simply wonderful, I loved it! I tagged it as my favorite. Please write more!

on May. 31 2010 at 6:58 pm
justkasey SILVER, Oak Grove, Missouri

:) oh my gosh that is so sweet that they said that. i feel so honored when one person likes my poems so its crazy that even more then that would! thank youso much for the encouragement. your piece was fantastic as well!

on May. 30 2010 at 10:23 pm
NorthernWriter, Fargo, North Dakota

"Only dead fish swim with the stream"

your poem appears on the same page in the magazine as my published poem "Stealing Beauty From a Larkspur" Good job and keep up the good work. My class said it was the best poem on the page! I love how it starts with "and" but makes complete sense.

on Mar. 30 2010 at 1:59 pm
MarandisM BRONZE, Okolona, Mississippi
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”

I really liked this poem, it makes sense without making non at all, you are a talented writer so never stop!!!!!!!!!